The Top 10 College Football Alternate Uniforms of 2013 (So Far)
College football is the land of consistency, pageantry, and tradition. More and more often, however, pageantry overwhelms those other two elements and we get teams trying out crazy alternate uniforms. Some are ugly, some are dope. Here are the best 10 alternates we’ve seen this season.
10. Oregon State – The Beavers rocked these metallic orange unis when they faced USC on November 1st. If you’re in the same state with the Oregon Ducks, you have no choice but to switch up your uniforms.
9. Oregon - The school that started the alternate uniform craze came correct with the coordinated mismatch pink helmets to honor breast cancer awareness on October 19th versus Washington State. I love this look because it matches absolutely nothing. It’s literally the pink elephant in the stadium.
8. Notre Dame – The Irish switched up their unis on October 5th versus Arizona State on October 5th. You don’t think of green and gold as a good color combo but the Fighting Irish make it look stylish.
7. Memphis – The Tigers wore these uniforms on September 21 when they took on Arkansas State. The chrome-silver helmet sets the tone.
6. Virginia Tech – The Hokies played Georgia Tech in these cool uniforms on September 26th. This one works because of the helmet. The design is based off Hokie Stone, which is used on all buildings on the VA Tech campus.