17 Things That Happened Since Tiger Woods Was Last No. 1
It's been 877 days since Tiger was No. 1 and lots went down
Tiger Woods won the Arnold Palmer Invitational in Orlando, Fla., yesterday to regain the No. 1 ranking for the first time since Oct. 24, 2010.
Plenty of things have happened since Tiger was last No. 1. Here are 17 of them.
1. Buzz Bissinger spent roughly $638,412.97 on designer clothes.
The 58-year-old author of “Friday Night Lights” made the confession in a 6,000-word essay that appears in next month’s GQ.
2. Adele won everything and had a kid.
Sophomore smash 21 dropped on Jan. 19, 2011 and has since gone diamond, moving more than 10 million units in the U.S. in less than two years. The 24-year-old became a mum last fall.
The viral meme blew up in 2011.
4. LeBron played his first game with the Heat.
King James scored a game-high 31 points but Miami lost 88-80 in Boston on Oct. 26, 2010.
5. We got Bin Laden and then made a movie about it.
Seal Team Six took out the terrorist on May 2, 2011 and Zero Dark Thirty came out on Dec. 19, 2012.
6. The world nearly ended not once but twice.
Christian radio host Harold Camping predicted the Rapture would come on May 21, 2011. People sold their homes and quit their jobs. Alas. Then the long-fancied Mayan Apocalypse came and went on Dec. 21, 2012.
7. Pippa’s bum hijacked the royal wedding.
The backside of Kate’s little sister earned itself a Facebook group, a TLC movie special and a name-check from Justin Timberlake.
8. At least two babies were named after Facebook.
9. Melissa Leo dropped an F-bomb during the Oscars.
The actress let one slip in 2011 while accepting an Academy Award for playing Micky Ward’s mom in The Fighter.
10. Herman Cain.
11. Jim Carrey posted a creepy video about Emma Stone.
12. Gucci Mane got an ice cream cone tattooed to his face.
Brrr! The “Lemonade” rapper (and friend of Extra Mustard) was institutionalized in January 2011 and got the creamy tattoo just days after his release.
13. Charlie Sheen.
14. Something called RedFoo became a thing and tried to ruin tennis.
“Party Rock Anthem” dropped on Dec. 16, 2010.
15. The Californians.
The parody has appeared on Saturday Night Live five times since 2012.
16. We found out Sarah Palin and Glen Rice were an item.
A portion of Joe McGinniss’ book The Rogue: Searching for the Real Sarah Palin alleged that Palin and Rice had a fling in 1987 when Rice was a college basketball star and Palin was a sports reporter in Alaska.
That is all.
Follow Bryan Armen Graham on Twitter.