The Jump Start: Thursday, January 31
J.J. Watt's marriage proposal; Dennis Rodman's children's book; Chris Culliver's fake Twitter followers
Some links to catch you up and start your Thursday off right …
• J.J. Watt’s marriage proposal to a 6-year-old girl is the feel-good story of the day.
• Dennis Rodman’s children’s book came out yesterday.
• The mockery of Alex Rodriguez continued Wednesday when Spirit Airlines launched an ad campaign offering PEDs — that’s price extravaganza deals — at “A-RODiculously” low rates.
• Not sure what’s more offensive: Chris Culliver’s homophobic remarks or that nearly 800,000 of his million Twitter followers are apparently fake.
• $500 for a two-hour lunch with Tiki Barber? Ladies and gentlemen, the Internet.
• Ten men, now in their 40s, have spent the past 23 years playing a game of tag.
• Oh, hey, it’s FeBrees.
• Reporter asks drunk 49ers fan, “How long have you had an STD?” Sweet burn.
• Here’s Vokswagen’s so-called racist Super Bowl ad. Do you have a problem with it?
• Very cool interactive from The Guardian examining NFL salaries by team and position.